Saturday, January 22, 2011

UPDATE

I was contacted the other night by someone I have never met.  Her email brought me to tears...they were tears of pure JOY.  She did not know me nor I her, you might say she found me by pure chance but I say God led her to me, and a bond was formed instantly.  You see, we both bonded over a little boy who lives in China.  This little boy needs a family, we both wanted to be that family.  She had this child's file, had been praying for this little boy for months and had talked to many Doctors on this little boys behalf to learn more about what his life would be like once he is home with a family.  This child would be the first for her and her husband if they adopted him, he would be our tenth if we did.  She and her husband came to the decision that they would step back and allow us to have his file.  I know how very difficult that must have been.  To love a child and let them go so another family could adopt them.  We too, have been praying for this little boy.  God led us to him and we truly believe with all our hearts that he is our son.  Due to this unselfish act by the other family we are now able to send in our Letter of Intent for this child.  I plan to keep in touch with the family and let them see how this little boy is growing and thriving when he comes home.  For the time being, I keep in touch with her and share about our family now.  I want her to know and have the comfort that this child will be loved unconditionally for his entire life.  I want her to be able to see him grow and share in his happiness.  You see, I too, fell in love with a little boy years ago who we were unable to adopt.  God led me to the family that was adopting him and that mom has allowed me to watch her son grow and thrive even if it is only through pictures and her blog.  In fact, we named our son Daniel after her son.  It just felt right. 
So, we may not always understand which path we should be on, but I choose to follow God's lead.  He has blessed me so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment